Dbvisit Replicate 2.3.04 has been released. The major changes in Dbvisit Replicate 2.3 includes:
- Support for LONG datatype
- PL/SQL replication
- LONG and LONG RAW datatype support
- Support for AL32UTF16/UTF8 NCHAR/NVARCHAR2
- One-to-many and two-way support setup in the wizard
- Parallel apply threads to improve performance
- CDC/Audit to capture changes in source system to enable real time loading of data warehousing or BI. This loads a Dbvisit Replicate created staging table with old and new values plus all the auditing information such as transaction id, changed date, logon user, operation, machine name etc.
One of the most complex issues in Data Warehousing is how to detect changes on your source system. Most data warehouses do a complete dump and load of all the data during the nightly load. Now with Dbvisit Replicate and the new CDC/Audit functionality, only data that has been changed can be loaded real time into the Data Warehouse. This allows for reduced processing and real time updates of the Data Warehouse.
How does CDC/Audit work
Dbvisit Replicate creates a copy of the source table as a staging table in the target database and inserts a record into this staging table every time there is a change in the source table (for Update, Delete, Insert).
The staging table contains 2 columns for every 1 column on the source table. There is an OLD and NEW value. If a column is updated on the source table, then the replicated staging table will contain both the OLD and the NEW value.
Audit information is also written to the staging table.
Complete solution for Oracle real time Replication
Along with the new CDC/Audit functionality, LONG, NCHAR/NVARCHAR2 datatype support and parallel Apply processing, it makes Dbvisit Replicate a compelling and complete solution for Oracle real time Replication. Through the setup wizard, it makes setting up Dbvisit Replicate very simple.
Dbvisit Replicate has a new online easy to search user manual.
For the complete list of changes in Dbvisit Replicate 2.3, please see changes.
To download a free 30 day trial please download here