Oracle RAC on Standard Edition is a powerful and cost effective solution to provide high availability to those using the SE platform. But how do you provide DR to your RAC database when Data Guard is not available?
Join the Oracle RAC SIG and guest speaker Arjen Visser, Founder of Dbvisit Software, for this free event and gain an understanding into how the physical standby database works with RAC on SE in order to implement a standby solution either through a third party product or a home grown solution.
Gain insight into:
- The difference between RAC and standby databases
- Different standby database architectures for RAC
- How to keep the standby database up to date
- Creating the single instance standby database from RAC primary database
- How graceful switchover works with RAC primary database and single instance standby
- Third party products available
Start time: Thursday, May, 17, 2012, 1:00 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour
There is no cost to attend the sessions.
All the group asks is that you create an account on the new RAC SIG website and enter some details on your RAC implementation (you can then then view stats on what other members have shared by region, OS, etc.).