Oracle Open World 2011 — 5 Days — 50,000 Attendees
1 Dbvisit stand — 6 Staff — Our mission: spread the word
Oracle Standard Edition database users can access smart disaster recovery and database replication solutions and save up to 80% on Oracle licensing.
Six members of the Dbvisit team made the pilgrimage from New Zealand, the Czech Republic, Texas and California to what is considered Oracle’s biggest event in the calendar: the annual Open World conference in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
It was a huge week for us in terms of connecting with our customers, partners and prospects and a great opportunity to network with Oracle thought leaders and the wider Oracle community. It was also a chance for us to see how well our messages resonated with our target market of Standard Edition database users.
So what did we get up to? Well, amongst other things we…
- met with, and bumped into, dozens of our customers
- came away with 150+ potential business opportunities, from resellers to banks to aircraft manufacturers
- talked to our partners, such as Jean-Pierre Bocchi from SETRA Conseil – who claimed the spoils at our Meet & Greet event
- had a bunch of meetings with top Oracle executives
- whet our technical appetites by asking questions and attending technical sessions
- were inspired by, and enjoyed meeting, some of the Oracle community thought leaders – like the team from Pythian
- figured out that, apparently, there are more than a few people interested in holding onto their Standard Edition investments!
Thank you to our customers for taking the time to visit our booth and catch up or introduce yourselves and, in many cases, put faces to names. To those of you who stopped at our booth to ask questions, receive demos or just to introduce yourselves, it was a pleasure to meet you. We look forward to working with you on your projects.
Thanks also to a number of those in the wider Oracle community who made the event so enjoyable for us, including the team at Pythian, Oracle ANZ and a number of Oracle ACE’s – you know who you are. For myself, and the other three Dbvisit team members who were Open World first timers, we appreciated the hospitality and the conversation.
I’ll leave you with some photos and we’ll see you there next year!
All the best,
Service & Online Delivery Manager